Reporting to the Managing Director – Loan Operations, the Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for efficient and accurate processing of loan payments, loan booking, loan file maintenance, insurance monitoring and preparing month-end investor reporting as well as tackling all other assigned tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help develop and maintain a working knowledge of all internal loan servicing policies and procedures.
- Initiate and maintain a thorough working knowledge of software and equipment utilized by the department and can competently assist co-workers with the same.
- Complete data entry of new loan bookings, loan disbursing, loan file maintenance, research and servicing of all loan types on the loan operation system.
- Process accurately the daily functions of all loan booking files including but not limited to insurance, escrow and property tax services.
- Maintain accurate insurance records.
- Identify and provide feedback concerning loan documentation deficiencies.
- Prepare customer year-end tax forms in accordance with company practices and IRS requirements
- Sort, distribute, prepare and/or assemble data for monthly investor reports.
- Maintains a cooperative and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- 3 years loan servicing experience, preferable with commercial loans
- Proficient knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge with The Mortgage Office servicing platform would be highly beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills