Reporting to the Managing Director – Loan Operations, the Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for efficient and accurate processing of loan payments, loan booking, loan file maintenance, insurance monitoring and preparing month-end investor reporting as well as tackling all other assigned tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help develop and maintain a working knowledge of all internal loan servicing policies and procedures.
- Initiate and maintain a thorough working knowledge of software and equipment utilized by the department and can competently assist co-workers with the same.
- Complete data entry of new loan bookings, loan disbursing, loan file maintenance, research and servicing of all loan types on the loan operation system.
- Process accurately the daily functions of all loan booking files including but not limited to insurance, escrow and property tax services.
- Maintain accurate insurance records.
- Identify and provide feedback concerning loan documentation deficiencies.
- Prepare customer year-end tax forms in accordance with company practices and IRS requirements
- Sort, distribute, prepare and/or assemble data for monthly investor reports.
- Maintains a cooperative and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- 3 years loan servicing experience, preferable with commercial loans
- Proficient knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge with The Mortgage Office servicing platform would be highly beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant and be responsible for the Accounts Payable function, as well as help the Senior Accountant with other general accounting items. This person will work closely with department managers and must provide a high level of internal customer service. The ability to utilize the accounting system to its fullest potential, automate certain processes, and create efficiencies will be important in this role.
• Process invoices, expense reports, and check requests accurately and timely.
• Ensure correct coding for proper entry into the financial system.
• Prepare batch check runs and weekly check reports for management.
• Work closely with department managers on invoice details, questions or discrepancies.
• Research and resolve routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status.
• Set up new vendors and update changes to existing vendors.
• Prepare quarterly sales and use tax filing.
• Maintain thorough documentation in accounting system vendor files, including W-9’s.
• Prepare 1099 annual filing.
• Additional responsibilities will be added as this person masters A/P including: journal entries, reconciliations, fixed assets, internal reports, and other general accounting duties
• 2+ years of general accounting experience with the desire to expand accounting abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Microsoft Dynamics GP/ Great Plains experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be detail oriented and have a high level of accuracy
• Self-starter and takes ownership of the work
• Ability and desire to problem solve
• Willing to assist with ad-hoc projects in an entrepreneurial environment